What is Anusol Cream used for?
Anusol Cream is used in the treatment of itching, minor pain, swelling and discomfort that is caused by hemorrhoids and other kind of problems of the anal area such as anal fissures and itching.
How does Anusol cream work?
Anusol contains Hydrocortisone which is a corticosteroid that helps in reducing redness, itching, and swelling.
How to use Anusol Cream
Before using Anusol cream, clean the affected area with mild soap and rinse well with water and pat dry.
To apply Anusol cream inside the anus, the applicator tip/cap/nozzle is used, following all instructions written on the product package, or Anusol cream is used as directed by the doctor.
The applicator is filled with medication from the container as directed. Then it is gently inserted with the applicator tip just 1/2 to 1 inch (1.5 to 2.5 centimeters) inside the anus and it is applied in and around the anal opening as directed.
The finger should not be inserted or any other part of the container inserted into the anus, and the applicator tip/nozzle should not be inserted more than 1/2 to 1 inch (1.5 to 2.5 centimeters) inside the anus. The finger should not be used to apply this medication inside the anus. If a single-use tube and applicator is being used, then it should be discarded after one use.
To apply Anusol cream to the outside of the anus only, The finger should be used to apply a small amount of cream or ointment to the affected area and rubbed in gently.
The affected area should not be covered with plastic or waterproof bandages unless directed to do so by a doctor. Leaving the treated area Covered the may increase the absorption of the Anusol cream through the skin but it may also improve how well the drug works and it may lead to increased risk of side effects.
Hands should be washed immediately after use. Avoid getting the product into the eyes, nose, ears or the mouth. If Anusol cream gets into any of these regions, clean water should be immediately used to rinse the region.
Anusol Cream is usually used 2 to 4 times daily or after every bowel movement, or as directed by a doctor. The dosage is based on an individual’s medical condition and response to therapy.
What are Anusol Cream Sides Effects?
Some common side effects of Anusol Cream include:
- Rectal pain, Redness, Burning, Itching, Irritation, dryness may occur at the application site.
- Fever, persistent sore throat which are signs of secondary infection
- Inflammation of hair follicles around the affected region.
Rare side effects of Anusol cream includes;
- Extreme tiredness, weight loss, headache, swelling ankle and feet and increased thirst and urination, vision problems which is due to the presence of too much corticosteroids in the bloodstream as a result of prolonged use of the cream. This often occurs in children and people who use the cream for long periods.
- Serious allergic reactions which includes: rash, itching, swelling especially of the face, tongue and throat, severe dizziness and trouble in breathing.
Can Anusol Cream be bought over the counter?
Anusol cream can be bought at any pharmacy, or supermarket without needing a prescription.
Where to buy Anusol cream in Nigeria
Anusol cream is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.