ANDREWS LIVER SALT HQ (GSK)
What is Andrews Liver Salt used for?
Andrews liver salt is recommended as a laxative and it is also used as an antacid for the relief of stomach upset, indigestion, excess acid and constipation.
How Andrews Liver Salt works?
Andrews Liver Salts works as a laxative and an antacid bringing relieve to symptoms of stomach upset or indigestion. It Contains three active ingredients that works by neutralizing excess acid and helps to relieve symptoms and discomfort. These three ingredients includes;
- Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate: It neutralises excess acid in the stomach
- Citric Acic: It helps to alleviate the discomfort in the stomach
- Magnesium Sulphate: It acts as a laxative
Components of Andrews Liver Salt
Active ingredients include: Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 22.6% w/w, Citric Acid 19.5%, Magnesium Sulphate Dihydrate 17.4%
Other ingredients includes: Sucrose 40.5% Carbohydrate content 2g per 5ml teaspoon
How to take Andrew liver salt.
- Adults which includes the elderly: If it is been used as an antacid ( for upset stomach, indigestion and over-indulgence), one level spoonful i.e 5 ml spoonful should be measured in a glass of water. It should be repeated as often as necessary, up to a maximum of four times in a day.
- If it is been used as a laxative (for constipation), two level spoonfuls i.e two 5 ml spoonfuls should be measured in a glass of water and take before breakfast or at bedtime.
- Children over the age of 3 years: Half the adult dose should be used.
- Andrews Liver Salt is not suitable for children under 3 years of age
Where to buy Andrews Liver Salt in Nigeria
Andrews liver salt can be gotten from any lisenced pharmacy or supermarket. It can also be purchased online at Drugstore.ng
Can Andrews liver salt be bought over the counter?
Andrews liver salt can be purchased from any lisenced pharmacy or supermarket without the need for prescription.
Who should not take Andrews Liver Salt?
- Patients on a low sodium diet should be avoid using it frequently because of its sodium content and this also includes patients with hypertension and cardiac or renal dysfunction.
- Diabetics patients should use it with caution because of it’s sucrose content.
- Pregnant women should also use it with caution
What are the side effects of using Andrews liver salt?
- Extensive usage of Andrews Liver salt leads to Diahorria.
- Hypermagnesaemia and Hypocalcaemia may occur in patients with severe renal dysfunction due to prolonged or frequent use of Andrews liver salt.
Andrews liver salt Review
Andrews liver salt has been used by a lot of people who have found it highly useful in the treatment of stomach upset, excess acid, constipation and indigestion