AMYVIL 25MG X10
Amyvil belongs to a class of medications called tricyclic antidepressants. It is an antidepressant medication used in the treatment of various conditions such as depression and other mental or mood disorders. Amyvil contains amitriptyline as the active ingredient. Amyvil is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy in Lagos.
What are the benefits of using Amyvil?
- Amyvil is used in treating mental or mood disorders problems such as depression
- It helps to improve mood and feelings of well-being
- It helps to relieve anxiety and tension
- It helps to improve insomnia hence making you sleep better
- It helps to increase the energy level of the body
- It is also used to treat severe headaches that is caused by migraine
- It is used to treat pain caused by nerve injuries, or pain in the head, neck, or behind the eyes.
- It is used to treat uncontrolled urination while sleeping at night.
How does Amyvil work?
Amyvil works by enhancing the balance of certain natural chemicals which are neurotransmitters such as serotonin in the brain thereby helping to maintain a balance.
Can Amyvil be used as a sleeping pill?
Amyvil is not used as primarily sleeping pills but it is used ‘off-label’ to treat insomnia. Amyvil contains amitriptyline which can have a sedative effect on those who use it.
How long does Amyvil works?
Amyvil may make you start to feel better after 1 to 2 weeks but it can take 4 to 6 weeks for Amyvil to work fully.
For Adults, Amyvil is 25 mg – 50 mg daily. The maximum dose for adults of Amyvil is 150 mg per day per day or as directed by the physician.
For how long should I use Amyvil 25mg?
Amyvil is commonly used for a period of 6 months for depression and 3 months for involuntary urination while sleeping. Amyvil is used at the same time every day. It takes 2-4 weeks for neuropathic pain and antidepressant effect for Amyvil to start its action.
Amyvil Side Effects
Some common side effects of Amyvil includes the following;
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- weight gain
- Trouble in urinating may occur.
Notify a physician promptly If any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic Amyvil or to other tricyclic antidepressants such as nortriptyline.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history such as bleeding, breathing and liver problems. Recent heart attack, problems urinating such as due to enlarged prostate, Hyperthyroidism. Personal or family history of glaucoma, personal or family history of mental or mood conditions such as bipolar disorder, psychosis, family history of suicide, seizures and conditions that may increase your risk of seizures such as other brain problems.
- Amyvil may make you dizzy or drowsy or blur your vision. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness or clear vision while taking this drug
- Consult your physician before taking Amyvil in pregnancy.
- Amyvil is secreted in the breastmilk and the effect on infant is unknown. Breastfeeding mothers should consult the physician before taken.
Get Amyvil 25mg at Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.