Ampiflux is an antibiotics which belongs to a group of antibiotics called the penicillins. It contains two antibiotics; Flucloxacillin and Ampicillin. The combination of the two antibiotics ; Flucloxacillin and Ampicillin is known as Co-Fluampicil. It is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an Online Pharmacy in Lagos.
What is Ampiflux suspension used for?
Ampiflux suspension is used in the treatment of certain bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, skin, lungs or bladder which are mixed infections involving Î-lactamase-producing staphylococci. It is also used in the treatment of severe respiratory tract infections, post-operative chest, wound infections, septic abortion, puerperal fever; septicaemia, prophylaxis in major surgery and for treatment of infections in patients receiving immuno-suppressive therapy.
Ampiflux has a spectrum of activity which makes it suitable for the treating many mixed infections, particularly those where Î-lactamase-producing staphylococci is a suspect.
How does Ampiflux suspension work?
Ampiflux suspension is a penicillin antibiotic. Ampiflux works by killing sensitive bacteria. It does this by interfering with formation of the bacteria’s cell wall while it is still growing thereby weakening the cell wall and leads to cell rupture, resulting in the death of the bacteria.
Ampiflux suspension Dosage
Ampiflux dosage should be used as directed by a physician or follow the prescription on the medicine label.
How do i use Ampiflux suspension?
- Take Ampiflux by mouth at least one-half hour before or 2 hours after eating.
- Ampiflux with a full glass of water (240 mL).
- Take Ampiflux on a regular schedule, if possible the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Ampiflux for the full course of the treatment.
- If you miss a dose of Ampiflux, take it as soon as possible.
- Do not stop taking Ampiflux even if your symptoms improves.
Who should not take Ampiflux suspension?
Some medical conditions may interact with Ampiflux. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any of these medical conditions;
- Pregnancy or planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding
- Taking any prescription medicine, nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or any dietary supplement
- Allergic to medicines, to foods, or to any other substances
- Diarrhea or stomach infection.
- Severe allergic reaction such as severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness to a cephalosporin antibiotic such as cephalexin or other beta-lactam antibiotic such as imipenem.
Ampiflux suspension Side effects
Some of the common side effects of Ampiflux includes;
- Mild diarrhea
- Second infection
- Inflammation or redness of the tongue
- Irritation of the mouth and throat.
Severe side effects of Ampiflux includes;
- Vaginal irritation or discharge.
- Bloody stools
- Severe diarrhea
- Stomach pain/cramps
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue.
Can i take Ampiflux suspension in pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before taking Ampiflux in pregnancy.
Can I take Ampiflux suspension while breastfeeding?
Consult your Doctor before taking Ampiflux while breastfeeding.
Ampiflux suspension Price.
Ampiflux suspension is available at the best price on Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy.