What is the Aflotin tab used for?
Aflotin tablet is used for the treatment of malaria infection in both adults and children weighing 5kg and above. Aflotin is a combination medication which belongs to a group of medicines called antimalarials. However, the Aflotin tab is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe/complicated malaria (when the brain, lungs, or kidneys are affected). The Aflotin tab is available on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy store in Lagos.
What is the composition of the Aflotin tab?
Each Aflotin tab contains 20mg Artemether and 120mg Lumefantrine as the active ingredient.
Aflotin tab Dosage
Aflotin tab is usually taken twice a day with a meal for 3 days, or take the Aflotin tab as directed by your physician.
How is the Aflotin tab taken?
- Take Aflotin tab with food,
- Take the Aflotin tab exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- For the first dose of Aflotin treatment, take your first dose with food, followed by your second dose 8 hours later.
- Do not overdose on the Aflotin tab.
How long does it take for the Aflotin tab to be effective?
The initial effect of the Aflotin tab can be observed within 2-3 hours of administration.
What is the side effect of the Aflotin tab?
A common side effect of the Aflotin tab includes;
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Itching and skin rash
- Dizziness and lightheadedness
- Muscle and joint pain
- Sleep disturbances
- Weight loss
Is the Aflotin tab suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers?
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should consult with their physicians before taking the Aflotin tab.
Who should not use the Aflotin tab?
- Patients that are allergic to Aflorin tab and any of its ingredients
- Patients with impaired kidney and liver
- Patients with Hormonal contraceptives
- Patients with severe and complicated malaria infection
Where to buy the Aflotin tab?
Buy the Aflotin tab at Drugstore.ng Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store