What is Adricin used for?
Adricin 10mg Injection helps to treat certain kinds of cancer. It may be used alone or in combination with other medicines to treat cancer in various parts of the body. Adricin 10mg Injection kills or stops the growth of cancer cells and also prevents the multiplication of cancer cells.
It is administered in the treatment of various types of cancers of blood, breast, stomach, lung, ovaries and soft tissues. It also helps to prevent the recurrence of bladder cancer after surgery.
It is given as a drip or infusion vein with caution by a qualified medical professional. It can be used alone, or sometimes given together with certain other medicines as part of combination chemotherapy.
How does Adricin Injection work?
Adricin 10mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It belongs to the group of medicines known as antineoplastics. It inhibits the growth of cancer cells, which are then eventually destroyed by the body. It works by suppressing the activity of an enzyme (topoisomerase II) involved in DNA multiplication of the cancer cells. This slows the growth of breast cancer cells and eventually kills them.
What is Adricin used to treat?
Adricin is most commonly used in certain patients with the following medical conditions:
- Autoimmune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Cervical Cancer
- Cancer of the esophagus
- Cancer of the liver
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreas Cancer
Side effects of Adricin
Adricin may affect the growth of normal body cells, so several side effects may also occur. Some of the common side effects include:
- Hair loss
- Absence of menstrual periods
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Weight loss
- Gastrointestinal inflammation
- Eye problems
How should I use Adricin?
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
- Adricin is usually administered as an injection by a medical professional at a hospital or clinic. However, depending on the nature of their conditions, some patients are required to self-administer. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Do not use Adricin if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are using Adricin is recommended to lessen nausea and vomiting that can occur when using Adricin.
- Avoid taking alcohol while using Adricin 10mg Injection.
- Adricin 10mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is evidence of the medication posing some risk to the developing baby. However, it may be prescribed in some rare instances where the benefits are observed to outweigh the potential risks. Please consult your doctor.
- Adricin 10mg Injection is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Adricin Injection is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, an online pharmacy in Nigeria.