ADEPEND 50mg (Naltrexone HCL)
What is Adepend?
Adepend is the brand name for medication, Naltrexone HCL, which is part of a treatment regime against alcoholism. It is used to reduce the risk of relapse and as a support treatment in abstinence. It is also used to reduce the craving for alcohol. Before treatment, it has to be assured that the patient is free of opioids.
What is Naltrexone HCL used for?
Naltrexone belongs to a class of drugs called opiate antagonists. It works by preventing opiate effects in the brain such as feelings of well-being, pain relief. It is used in the treatment of alcohol abuse by reducing the desire to take opiates.
What are the side effects of Naltrexone HCL?
Some of the common side effects of Naltrexone Hydrochloride include:
How many mg of Naltrexone can I take?
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist to determine your dosage of Adepend and the length of time for you to use it. You can also refer to the product package label.
- Adepend does not decrease the effects of alcohol recently consumed. It is not a “sobering” medication.
- Do not take Adepend if you have liver failure or active hepatitis.
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to Naltrexone.
- Avoid using Adepend if you are currently addicted to opioids or having withdrawal symptoms from opioid addiction.
- Use with caution if you have any kidney disease.
Adepend is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, an online pharmacy in Lagos.