ADALAT 20MGX56 (BAYER)
Adalat is a medication used to prevent certain types of chest pain (angina), high blood pressure (Hypertension), and Pulmonary Hypertension. Adalat may be used alone or with other medications.
How does Adalat work?
Adalat belongs to a class of drugs called Calcium Channel Blockers or Dihydropyridines.They work by relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.
How to Use
This medication must be taken regularly to be effective. It should not be used to treat attacks of chest pain when they occur. Dosage should be adjusted according to each patient’s needs. It is recommended that Adalat CC be administered orally once daily on an empty stomach.
What are some side effects of Adalat?
Some of the common side effects of Adalat are:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling in your face or throat
- Sore throat
- Irregular heartbeats
- Stomach pain
- Do not discontinue this medication unless advised to by your doctor.
- Discontinuation of Adalat CC occurs by decreasing the dosage gradually, under close physician supervision.
- Adalat CC is an extended release dosage form and tablets should be swallowed whole, not bitten or divided.
- This medication is to be used with caution in older patients.
- Consult your doctor to determine if Adalat is safe in children younger than 6 years of age.
Adalat is available on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.