ACNECIDE 5% 30g
Acnecide contains the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide which attacks acne-causing bacteria. This medication is a gel that helps to reduce the appearance of acne on the face, chest, back or limbs. It is also effective in fading out acne scars.
How does Benzoyl Peroxide work?
Benzoyl peroxide belongs to a class of medications known as keratolytics. These medications work by breaking down keratin, a protein in skin structure.
When applied on the skin, benzoyl peroxide attacks the acne-causing bacteria by causing the skin to dry and peel.
Should I rub Acnecide in?
Apply a thin layer of Acnecide to the affected area, rubbing in gently until it is completely absorbed.
Acnecide Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Acnecide include:
- Skin irritation
- Burning, redness and itching in affected areas
- Dryness and flaking
How to use Acnecide
- Wash your hands before use.
- Wash the affected area with a mild soap and water, and dry the area.
- Apply Acnecide gel as prescribed to the affected areas.
- Wash your hands after applying this medication.
- Do not use Acnecide if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of the other ingredients.
- Acnecide gel is a topical medication. Do not ingest.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Do not apply on broken skin as it may cause irritation.
Acnecide is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.