What Is Acitretin 10mg Used For?
Acitretin 10mg is an anti-psoriasis medication used in the treatment of Psoriasis (a skin condition in which a skin rash occurs together with a dry, scaling, waxy rash). Acitretin 10mg is also used for the treatment of other skin disorders such as ichthyosis (which is a condition where keratin is deposited in cells and the cells become horny like nails and hair).
What is The Composition of Acitretin 10mg?
Acitretin is that active substance in Acitretin 10mg.
How Does Acitretin 10mg Work?
Acitretin 10mg Capsule causes the normalization of the growth cycle of skin cells and hence reverses the changes that have occurred in the skin.
Acitretin 10mg Dosage
The starting dose of Acitretin 10mg is one Acitretin 10mg capsule daily.
How To Use Acitretin 10mg
- Take one Acitretin 10mg Capsule with plenty of water.
- Take Acitretin 10mg exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Acitretin 10mg should not be cut, broken, or chewed.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage for Acitretin 10mg
- Do not stop taking Acitretin 10mg without first consulting your doctor.
What Are The Side Effects of Taking Acitretin 10mg?
Side effects include;
- Dry lips
- Skin peeling
- Nose bleeding
- Skin thinning
- Nose blockage
Is Acitretin 10mg Capsule safe for use in pregnancy?
Acitretin 10mg is not recommended for use in pregnancy.
Is Acitretin 10mg Capsule Safe for Use while Breastfeeding?
Do not use Acitretin 10mg if you are breastfeeding.
Is Acitretin 10mg Safe for Use in Children?
Acitretin 10mg Capsule is not safe for use in children younger than 18 years of age.
How Long Does It Take for Acitretin 10mg to work?
Improvement in psoriasis treatment with Acitretin 10mg is seen around weeks 4 to 6. The maximum benefit could take 3 to 4 months.
Acitretin 10mg Contraindications
- Do not use Acitretin if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in acitretin or to other retinoid medicines.
- Do not take Acitretin if you have liver or kidney problems.
- Do not take Acitretin if you have high levels of fat or cholesterol in your blood.
- Do not take Acitretin if you are taking a contraceptive pill that has only a low progesterone content.
Where Can I Buy Acitretin 10mg Capsule?
Buy Acitretin 10mg at Drugstore.ng, Nigeria’s largest online pharmacy store.