ACITRETIN 10MG X60 HQ
Acitretin is a retinoid (a form of Vitamin A) used in the treatment of severe skin disorders, such as psoriasis.
How to use
Use Aciretin exactly as prescribed by your doctor or follow the instructions on the product label. Aciretin is to be taken orally, and is best taken with or after a meal.
The dose and treatment length for Aciretin depends on the condition being treated. Consult your doctor or read the product description label. Do not use more or less of this medication. Also, do not take it more times than prescribed by your doctor or as indicated on the product label.
Aciretin Side Effects
Some of the side effects of using Aciretin include:
- Redness, itching and peeling in affected area
- Eye irritation
- Dry mouth and lips
- Peeling of the skin of fingertips, palms or soles of feet
- Changes in taste
- Hair loss
- Pregnant women should NOT use this medication.
- Do not donate blood while taking this drug to avoid the possibility of your blood being transfused to a pregnant woman.
- Aciretin may cause vision changes, especially reduced night vision. Do not drive or operate machinery if you experience these symptoms.
- Aciretin may cause severe liver damage and can be fatal in people who have liver problems.
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic to Vitamin-A related drugs.
- If you wear contact lenses, Aciretin may cause discomfort for you as it causes dry eyes.
- Aciretin may cause hypersensitivity to sunlight. Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Aciretin and for a period of three months after discontinuing.
Before using Aciretin, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any of the following conditions, or have a history of them:
- Kidney or liver disease
- Heart disease
- If you receive phototherapy
Aciretin is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, an online pharmacy in Lagos.