Acetaminophen is a medication that is used to relieve mild to moderate pain. It can be administered alone or in conjunction with other medications such as opiates to treat pain or to reduce fever.
What is Acetaminophen used to treat?
Acetaminophen is commonly used to treat the following conditions:
- Back pain
- Muscle Pain
- Sore throat
Acetaminophen is a tablet and is to be taken orally. It also comes in a solution that can be administered intravenously.
Is it safe to take 1G of Acetaminophen?
Acetaminophen is considered generally safe, especially when you take the recommended dose. Ensure to use Acetaminophen as prescribed by your doctor.
Use Acetaminophen as prescribed by your doctor, or read the instructions on the product label.
How should I take Acetaminophen?
Use Acetaminophen as prescribed by your doctor, or follow the instructions on the product label.
- Do not use other medicines that contain Acetaminophen as this could result in a fatal overdose.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when taking this medication.
- Do not take more than your recommended dose Acetaminophen as this can damage your liver or even result in death.
- Administer Acetaminophen with caution in children younger than 2 years old.
- Do not skip your doses. Also, do not take more than prescribed to make up for a missed dose.
Acetaminophen Side Effects
Side effects of using Acetaminophen may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Increased heart rates
- Skin rash
- Stomach Pain
- Swelling in the face, lips, tongue
Who should not use Acetaminophen?
Do not use Acetaminophen if you have an allergy to Acetaminophen, if you have any liver disease, if you have drinking problems.
Acetaminophen is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.