ACER 500mg (LEVOFLOXACIN)
Acer is a prescription medication that belongs to a group of medicines called Fluoroquinolone Antibacterial. Fluoroquinolones are commonly used in the treatment and prevention of bacterial infections such as respiratory and urinary tract infections.
What is Levofloxacin Used to Treat?
Acer (Levofloxacin) is used in the treatment of pneumonia. It is also used to treat sinus infections, bronchitis, and bacterial infections in other parts of the body such as the skin, urinary tract, bladder, kidneys and prostate. It is also used in the prevention of potentially fatal infectious diseases.
Levofloxacin is an antibiotic and only works for bacterial infections. It is ineffective in the treatment of viral infections such as flu or common cold.
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist to determine what Levofloxacin dosage is most suitable for you.
How to Use Levofloxacin 500 mg Tablets?
Levofloxacin is an oral medication to be taken by mouth. Acer Tablets can be taken with or without food. Take as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
What are the Side Effects of Levofloxacin 500 mg?
Some of the common side effects experienced when taking Levofloxacin includes:
Is Levofloxacin Safe?
Levofloxacin is considered a generally safe drug, but as it is with every other medication, prolonged or wrong use can cause serious side effects. This medication is safe to use as long as you follow the instructions. If you have any questions or unclarity about your prescription, ask your doctor.
Can I take Levofloxacin at night?
Levofloxacin is to be taken as directed by your doctor.
This medication is contraindicated and must not be administered to the following people:
- People with hypersensitivity to Levofloxacin or other medications of the Quinolones family
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Epileptic patients
- People with a history of tendon disorders
- Children below the age of 18
- Do not use Levofloxacin or any antibiotic when it is not needed as this can cause bacterial resistance.
- Drink lots of fluids while taking Levofloxacin to prevent highly concentrated urine or formation of crystals in your urine.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes before using Levofloxacin, as it may cause changes in blood sugar levels.
- Do not increase your dosage or use Levofloxacin for longer than recommended.
- Avoid discontinuing this medication without first consulting your doctor.
- Continue to take Levofloxacin even if your symptoms improve.
Using Levofloxacin may put you at risk of serious side effects such as nerve damage, tendonitis, mood or behavior changes, and changes to blood sugar levels (high or low blood sugar).
Levofloxacin is available for purchase on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.