ACCULOL 0.5% EYE/D
Acculol is prescribed alone or in combination with other medications in the treatment of glaucoma, high blood pressure (hypertension) and other conditions.
The active ingredient in Acculol is Betaxolol which belongs to a group of drugs called beta-blockers. They work by reducing the amount of fluid in the eye, thereby, lowering the pressure inside the eye. This helps to prevent blindness and ocular hypertension.
Acculol is a prescription medication.
For Acculol dosage, consult your doctor or read the label on the medicine for dosing instructions.
How to use Acculol Eye Drops
Follow the instructions below in administering Acculol Eye Drops:
- Shake properly before use.
- Make sure your hands are clean.
- Tilt your head backwards.
- Pull the bottom eyelid away from the eye and drop Acculol Eye Drops as directed.
- Close your eyes for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Do not touch the dropper to any surface, including the eye.
- Keep the container tightly closed.
Continue using Acculol Eye Drops even if you feel better. Do not skip any doses.
Also, do not use two doses at once to make up for a missed dose. This could have adverse effects.
Who should not use Acculol?
Acculol is contraindicated in people who are allergic to Betaxolol, people with asthma and people with low heart rates or Chronic Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Before using this medication, consult with your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Respiratory conditions such as asthma or bronchitis
- A heart disease or a history of heart failure
- Blood clots
- A history of stroke
- Blood circulation problems
Acculol Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Acculol Eye Drops are:
- Blurred vision
- Itchy, inflamed or dry eyes
Some less common adverse effects of Acculol include respiratory failure, hair loss, changes in smell and taste, and allergic reactions such as hives.
- Avoid the dropper touching any surface, including the eyes or hands. It could become contaminated, leading to an infection which can cause serious damage to the eye.
- Do not suddenly discontinue this medication without consulting your doctor.
- Avoid using any other eye medication with Acculol unless it was prescribed by your doctor.
- Acculol Eye Drops may cause blurred vision or dizziness. Do not drive or operate machinery if you experience these.
- Do not use Acculol while you are wearing contact lenses. Remove your lenses before using Acculol and wait about 15-20 minutes after use before putting them back on.
Get Acculol Eye Drops at the best price on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.