What is the function of Arbitel-H?
Abitel-H is a medication used in the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure). Arbitel-H Tablet contains two medicines – Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide.
When is Abitel-H Used?
It is used when one medicine is not controlling your blood pressure effectively. Telmisartan helps to widen the blood vessels so that blood can flow better. This will lower your blood pressure. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that helps to increase urine output thereby lowering blood pressure.
How does Abitel-H work?
Abitel-H works by widening and dilating the blood vessels, which relaxes them. It also helps the kidney flush out excess salt and water, thus reducing the blood pressure. This makes it very effective in the treatment of hypertension. It helps to reduce the risk of serious conditions such as heart attacks, strokes and even death.
How to use Abitel-H
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew or break the tablets.
- Abitel-H Tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Do not discontinue Abitel-H until you have completed the course or until your doctor tells you not to.
- Try to take it at the same time each day.
- Do not skip your doses, and if you do forget, do not take an extra dose to make up for it.
- Consult your doctor for a recommendation on your dosage.
If you fall into these categories, inform your doctor before taking this medicine:
- If you are pregnant, or trying to get pregnant
- If you currently have or have a history of liver disease, heart disease, kidney failure, diabetes.
- If you have known allergies.
What are the Side Effects of Arbitel-H?
The common side effects that may occur with the use of Arbitel-H includes:
- Muscle Pain
- Blurred Vision
- Increased Heart Rate
- Abdominal Pain
- Shortness of breath
- Arbitel-H Tablet may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to avoid developing extreme thirst, very dry mouth or muscle weakness.
- Use of Arbitel-H Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.
- Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may cause side effects.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
Arbitel-H is available on Drugstore Nigeria, the largest online pharmacy in Nigeria.