What is Abilify used for?
Abilify is a medication used in the treatment of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder (manic depression), and major depressive disorder.
How is Abilify used?
Abilify is an antipsychotic and antimanic medication that works by altering the actions of the chemicals in the brain in the treatment of psychotic conditions. Abilify can be used alone or alongside other medications.
Is Abilify used for Anxiety?
Abilify is used with antidepressant medication to treat anxiety and depressive disorders in adults and children at least 13 years old.
Can I use Abilify if I am Pregnant?
Consult with your doctor to know if it is safe to use Abilify when you are pregnant.
How should I take Abilify?
Take Abilify as directed by your doctor or follow the directions on the prescription label. You can take Abilify with or without food.
Abilify dosage depends on several factors as observed by a doctor. These include:
- Type and severity of the condition to be treated
- The form of Abilify you’re taking
- Other medications you are using
- Other medical conditions you have
- Do not chew, crush or break the tablet. Swallow with water.
- Do not discontinue Abilify suddenly.
- Do not take Abilify if you have an allergy to Aripiprazole.
- Abilify should not be administered to adults with dementia or dementia-related psychosis as this may increase the risk of death.
What should I avoid while taking Abilify?
- Avoid drinking alcohol while Abilify.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated. While taking Abilify, drink plenty of fluids, especially in hot weather and during exercise.
- Avoid getting up suddenly from a sitting or lying position as this may cause you to feel dizzy.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if you feel dizzy or drowsy to avoid accidents and severe injuries.
Using Abilify with other drugs that causes drowsiness or slows your breathing can cause severe side effects or even result in death.
Many drugs can interact with Aripiprazole. Tell your doctor about all the other medicines you’re currently using including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Abilify Side Effects
Some of the most common side effects of Abilify include:
- Blurred vision or dizziness
- Stuffy nose, sneezing and sore throat
- Weight gain
- Increased or decreased appetite.
Call your doctor at once if you experience more severe reactions such as agitation or restlessness, uncontrolled muscle movements, anxiety, muscle stiffness, high fever, sweating, confusion, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, or if you start feeling like you might pass out.
Where to get Abilify in Nigeria
Abilify is available for purchase on Drugstore Nigeria, an online pharmacy in Lagos.