Abaktal infusion is a medication used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It contains Pefloxacin as an active ingredient and works blocking the growth multiplication of bacteria.
Abaktal is used in the treatment, control and prevention of the following diseases and conditions:
- Urinary tract infections
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Lymph node ulcers
- Bacterial infection of stomach and/or Intestines
- Bone and respiratory infections
What is Pefloxacin injection used for?
Pefloxacin infusion is an antibacterial medication used in the treatment of infections caused by organisms that are resistant to other antibiotics such as penicillin and cephalosporin.
Can a child take Pefloxacin?
Abaktal/Pefloxacin should not be used by children less than 12 years of age.
Abaktal Side Effects
Some of the side-effects that may occur from using Abaktal includes:
- Articular pain
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle aches
- Skin rashes
Some more serious side effects may include convulsions, anxiety and intense stomach pain.
- Abaktal Infusion is to be administered by a medical professional.
- Take Abaktal with food.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight when using Abaktal as it may lead to severe sunburn.
- Avoid using pefloxacin in pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Abaktal is not safe for children below 12 years.
Also, before using Abaktal, discuss your current list of medications, your previous and existing health conditions and allergies with your doctor.
When Should I Not Take Abaktal?
Abaktal Infusion should not be administered in the event of the following conditions:
- Tendinitis or tendon rupture
- Medical history of brain or spinal cord disease
- Kidney or liver issues.
How can I get Abaktal?
Abaktal Infusion is available on Drugstore.ng, an online pharmacy in Nigeria.