What is A-Mycin used for?
A-Mycin is an antibiotic that belongs to a class of tetracyclines. It is used in the treatment of skin conditions such as acne, and eye infections such as conjunctivitis. A-Mycin works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria.
Is Mycin good for acne?
A-Mycin helps to reduce acne by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Can you get Erythromycin Ointment over the counter?
A-Mycin ointment can be gotten over-the-counter at many pharmacies. You can also order A-Mycin Ointment from Drugstore.ng, an online pharmacy inn Lagos
Is Mycin an antibiotic?
A-Mycin is an antibiotic that belongs to a class of tetracyclines, Erythromycin.
How to use A-Mycin Ointment
- Wash your hands before use.
- Keep the affected area clean and dry.
- Apply a thin layer of the medication on the skin, usually twice a day or as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands after use.
A-Mycin Ointment Precautions
- A-Mycin ointment is for topical use only, and should not be swallowed.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, inside the nose or mouth. Rinse with water if this happens.
- Do not touch the affected area with the tip of the tube.
- Do not use this ointment in larger amounts than prescribed, or for longer than directed, as unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to bacterial resistance.
A-Mycin Ointment Side Effects
Some of the side effects that may occur with the use of A-Mycin Ointment includes stinging sensation in affected areas, redness, itching and skin flaking or peeling.
When not to use A-Mycin Ointment
Consult with your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics, pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, discuss your medical history and other allergies with your doctor as A-Mycin ointment may contain active ingredients which can trigger allergic reactions.
A-Mycin is available on Drugstore.ng, the largest online pharmacy in Lagos.