5 Healthy Food Choices for a Lower Blood Pressure
High blood pressure also known as hypertension is often caused by several factors like a diet high in salt, fat and/or cholesterol, age, lifestyle and genetics. Take a look at components of these 5 food choices that make them a suitable for a lower blood pressure;
1. Citrus fruits; They’re loaded with vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds that may help keep your heart healthy by reducing heart disease risk factors like high blood pressure
2. Salmon Fish; Fatty fish are an excellent source of omega-3 fats, which have significant heart health benefits. These fats may help reduce blood pressure levels by reducing inflammation and decreasing levels of blood-vessel-constricting compounds
3. Beans and Lentils; Beans and lentils are rich in nutrients that help regulate blood pressure, such as fiber, magnesium, and potassium
4. Tomatoes; Tomatoes and tomato products are rich in many nutrients, including potassium and the carotenoid pigment lycopene. Lycopene has been significantly associated with beneficial effects on heart health.
5. Spinach; Spinach is high in nitrates. It’s also loaded with antioxidants, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, making it an excellent choice for people with high blood pressure